According to science, animals’ emotions are much less diverse and intense than those of humans. But when we see the way they react to something new, whether it’s exciting or scary, it seems that have plenty of emotion. These animals remind us what it’s like to experience something new for the very first time.
Smalljoys has found some awesome photos that show us just how expressive animals can be when experiencing something new. We have to admit, it’s really hard to stop being amazed by them.
1. We forgot to tell our cat that we had a baby.
2. Poor dog’s terrifying first train ride.
3. This guy is using his new vacuum the first time.
4. My aunt took her indoor cat outside for the first time.
5. His first taste of peanut butter… and he’s addicted!
6. First time swinging.
7. 2-week-old foster kitten meeting the sun for the first time.
8. Little kittens can be very scary.
9. Put my inside cat outside and walked out to this five minutes later.
10. This dog tries a lime for the first time.
11. First time outside.
12. What are those things?
13. First time at the vet.
14. First snow day.
15. Cat seeing a Christmas tree for the first time.
16. Meeting his new sister for the first time.
17. First time she went outside. The grass is lava.
18. “My rat trying watermelon for the first time…”
19. The first time going down the stairs on their own. Apparently the trip was exhausting.
20. “My puppy’s first time sticking her head out the window resulted in pure ecstasy.”
21. “The first time my cat has seen a watermelon.”
22. First snow is really exciting!
Meet flamingo, one of the most graceful birds on Earth…
“Turn on the light, guys!”
“You can’t see me if I can’t see you, right?”
“Enjoying the summer heat in my sun lounger…”
“Got stuck in food? Enjoy it!”
Beauty and grace embodied!
A must-have picture with a clumsy friend
When you want to lie in a hammock but something goes wrong:
“What are you looking at?”
When you ask a friend to take a flattering picture of you:
When you have no clue how to use those human things:
It looks like this dog feels pretty comfortable!
First steps down the stairs
“Somebody, help me!”
“That stick is too big, buddy!”
“Seeing the world upside down is mesmerizing!”
Cats are not the only liquid animals on Earth…
When you know exactly what your dog has just been doing:
When you’ve finally found the perfect pose to take a nap in:
“Who am I? What am I doing here? What’s the purpose of my existence?”
Sometimes it’s better to slow down a bit…