So it turns out that dogs pretty much have an irrational fear of everything around them, except for the things that are supposed to actually scare them. Teddy bears, vacuum cleaners and even the worlds smallest bridges are all at the top of a dogs ‘most terrifying’ list. Here are 35 dogs that are completely terrified of totally normal things.
1. The hoover! get it away from me!
2. This was supposed to be a HAPPY birthday.
3. OMG SPOOON!
4. Get that tail away from me!
5. Well, I can kind of relate. But this bridge…
6. I’m going to get you, evil lettuce!
7. They are half the size of me and still terrifying.
8. Oh god no, not the picture!
9. “Back off evil lamb!”
10. “Balloons, how could you!?”
11. This poor little pug really was scared.
12. “Help, it’s chasing me!”
13. “Why does it keep looking at me??”
14. “Why does this dog have wings?”
15. This dog doesn’t like the Roomba vacuum.
16. The beach was supposed to be a fun place.
17. Not today human.
18. But when it comes to the actual scary stuff, they couldn’t care less…
19. Someone was puppysitting and scared this little girl with a lawnmower.
Clever hiding spot. The lawn mower won’t get her from there.
20. This pit bull fears walking into a room.
So as a solution, he walks into it backwards.
21. A dog and kitten afraid of the thunder together.
But are you sure the dog’s afraid? He looks more excited.
22. “Hold me, I’m scared!”
Well, the face of the little one does say “like a boss.”
23. The poor dog got scared on the drive home.
Look at the little boy comforting him. This is too precious.
24. The dog was scared of a lawn mower.
So she decided to blend in with the alpacas.
25. His dog is scared of his guitar.
So he took advantage of the opportunity by eating all his meals on the back of his guitar so his dog won’t interrupt.
26. Her dog thinks this is the safest place when the vacuum is running.
She’s the pack leader and needs to keep the little ones safe.
27. They harvested this giant zucchini and used the frightened corgis in the background for scale.
Love that look on the dog’s face: “You think you’ve got problems?”
28. They bought this new giraffe toy for the pug.
That was probably a really bad idea.
29. A corgi that’s easily scared.
And yes, that is a jumping wall climbing sheep toy.
30. “Please do not let this thing kill me.”
But why is it funny to frighten an animal that loves you so much?
31. The dog was afraid of the cat.
So she decided to climb onto the corner of the sofa and refused to look at the cat afterwards.
32. This dog’s afraid of the rain.
So when it’s sprinkling outside, she still pretends that they’re not at their destination yet.
33 The dog’s horrified that it’s her birthday.
It’s ok, humans are just as horrified of birthdays.
34. We like to think of big dogs as gentle giants.
They’re not as vicious as most people (or kittens) may think.
35. It appears someone’s afraid to leave the carpet.
“I can’t have my whole body in the lava!!!”