Dogs are absolutely perfect…well besides a few small points. They can sometimes be very annoying!
1. Completely misunderstanding how leashes work.
It’s not that complicated, buddy.
2. Unsupervised home “repairs”.
“Loki tried to turn the cat flap into a doggie door 🤦”
While the gesture is appreciated, we usually hire professionals to do this sort of stuff.
3. Chomping on inedible stuff that they shouldn’t be chomping on.
“What is it this time?” – me when something is crinkling in the other room
4. Howling along with sirens, alarms, ambulances, emergency alerts, or the like (press play to watch).
It’s just a test, stand down.
5. Barking rudely at the mailman (press play to watch) ….
…. or shredding what they slide through the slot.
It’s okay, we didn’t need that credit card statement anyways.
6. Chasing squirrels. Or chipmunks. Or birds. Or cats. Or, well, you get the idea.
Take a note from The Beatles and just LET IT BE.
7. Rolling in puddles of mud (and then tracking it in to your freshly cleaned home).
** Reaches for bucket & mop **
8. Jumping gates or fences.
It’s there for a reason, yo.
9. Playing coy — only to lull you into a false sense of security so they can steal all your foods.
Voila! Your BLT is now their BLT.
10. Pulling a disappearing act when it’s bath time.
The velcro pup that’s by your side 24-7-365 suddenly beating a retreat at the sound of running water? Color us surprised.
11. Taking things that aren’t theirs.
Dogs have no respect for personal property.
12. Playing tug of war with things that ~aren’t~ toys.
What part of “let it go right now” do you not understand?
13. Wolfing food down too fast — and then barfing it up as a result.
“Koda eats too quickly… I got her this bowl with obstacles to slow her down. So she ate the bowl.”
“Patience? Nah, never heard of him.” — all dogs everywhere
14. Sleeping or sitting on furniture that is supposedly off-limits.
With all four legs still on the ground, she’s technically still in compliance with the no-couch rule.
15. Doggo drool, doggo drool everywhere.